Field Operations Manager
Seeking an accountable field manager with a passion for managing a crew of field workers. The candidate should be unstoppable in their pursuit of simple solutions for difficult problems with a passion for service.
This role is responsible for the successful execution of work orders across a diverse set of trades. Some of our main clients include 7-Eleven, Amazon, and Jack in the Box. Our ideal manager will have ample experience in managing large service teams with comfort across a diverse set of trades.
This position will be responsible for overall management of a team of technicians with a diverse set of trades assigned to execute work orders issued to address our clients’ requests for service. Overall responsibility for leading the team of technicians in achieving production schedule, service quality, service cost, and employee safety goals. Coordinates with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources to coach and motivate personnel to create high performance culture.
Making what matters work at Maintco takes the passion of every employee to pursue simple solutions for difficult problems. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Work Duties/Essential Functions:
- Review work orders to ascertain data such as type of trade, problem statement, specifications of services, and scheduled dates to plan department operations.
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Review and validate dispatched schedule and coordinate department activities to ensure the quality of service performed meets or exceeds customer expectations and specifications.
- Review department operating reports to assess performance indicators and take appropriate action to resolve operational and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Reduce the cost of operations by implementing continuous improvement. Initiate and deploy changes as necessary to achieve best-in-class operations.
- Confer with management personnel to establish operations and quality control standards to obtain data regarding types, quantities, and delivery dates of services ordered.
- Manages and directs all fieldworkers’ activities and establishes priorities for services in keeping with effective operations and cost factors while meeting the service levels expected by our customers.
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Develops budgets and resource plans, and monitors performance, to achieve service quality, delivery and cost requirements
- Coordinate the fieldworkers activities with Customer Representatives and quality control activities to obtain optimum service levels and utilization of human resources, company fleet, and equipment.
- Revise work orders schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Strive to achieve Internal and External customer satisfaction.
- Supports customers during the quotation phase, providing department capabilities input into the existing and new requests for service to ensure customer expected delivery times are met.
- Collaborate with peers and managers to determine key goals and objectives, and corresponding metrics, to be completed during a determined period. Review and amend these actions as appropriate. Focus on timely achievement of these goals and objectives.
- Coordinates and assists with business initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across the enterprise including but not limited to understanding, supporting, promoting, and improving the processes that are followed at Maintco Corporation.
- Implement and enforce all policies, practices, and benefits and employ effective leadership techniques and employee relations activities to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all people working at the company. Develops, motivates, and coaches team members; participates in interviews for potential new hires.
- Assists in the creation of training plans and programs, and promotes cross-training opportunities for the department. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
- Assist field technicians when they encounter problems at the job site, and resolve to allow job completion.
- Manage performance of technicians to ensure jobs assigned to them are performed in chronological order per assigned schedule, check-in and check-out, upload before and after pictures of the job, and report travel time on using Maintco Corp. work order portal and customer portal.
- Manage technicians to ensure those assigned to be on-call after hours are successfully dispatched for High Priority service calls.
- Lead by example and promote an OSHA-compliant safety conduct.
- Drive continuous performance improvement in terms of quality of work, technician knowledge, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage utilization of company fleet of vehicles to ensure technicians not speeding, idling for extended times, or misusing the vehicle assigned to them after work hours.
- Provide work order status to Customer Representatives.
- Identify need for additional headcount, and support recruitment of new employees.
- Manage work assigned to Maintco Corp. subcontractors to ensure it is performed on schedule and to the budget allocated.
- Manage vehicle fleet maintenance and assignments to optimize performance and availability and to avoid unplanned downtime.
- Review and approve workforce payroll.
- Manage and optimize the warehouse containing company and customer inventory.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of leadership experience managing people or project teams
- Ability to successfully deliver significant results in safety, productivity, and quality.
- Proficiency in use of computers, email, tablets, and mobile phone applications.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word.
- Effective and collaborative problem-solving skills to maximize customer service and satisfaction.
- Excellent communicator and team-builder, with strong interpersonal, negotiation, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Critical thinker, with good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Self-motivated, driven, high energy, and resilient.
- Proficient with speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Proficient with speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish, a plus.
- Familiarity with customer service standards and processes
- Budget tracking
- Ability to handle stress to operate under deadlines
- Supervisory skills
- GED, High school diploma, or equivalent.
- BA or BS degree in business management or operations, a plus.
Essential Physical/Mental Abilities Required:
- Position requires occasional travel to job locations.
- Normal vision or correction to 20/20 including color vision.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in an office setting, sit and stand for long periods of time
- Drive a vehicle
- Work on a computer
- Talk on the telephone
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s License with a clean record with less than two moving violations (No DUI or major infractions).
- Conform to company safety policies and procedures.
Maintco Corp. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran's status. We are proud to have a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workforce and believe in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all.