Maintco Corp is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/construction accountant to join our team. The bookkeeper should be able to successfully complete their tasks and is responsible for the financial and accounting functions of Construction and Facilities.
Work Duties/Essential Functions:
The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of construction accounting; excellent organizational, communication and multitasking skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- In this role you will be responsible for managing the full cycle of accounting duties for the company
- This includes entering vendor and expense invoices, billing customers, reconciling bank statements, processing timesheets, and some involvement in gathering data to include in P&L statements
- Processing the accounts payable to vendors and subcontractors and confirm lien waivers are properly collected
- Collating and entering vendor expenses
- Monitor daily cash balances to ensure requirements are met
- Processing accounts receivable
- Maintaining the accuracy of the general ledger
- Perform special assignments as directed by the President/Executive VPs
- Processing employee timesheets
- Handling multiple accounts
- Prepare the annual financial budget and update the forecasts on a quarterly basis.
- To ensure success as a full charge bookkeeper, you should have advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting systems, excellent project management skills, and a good eye for detail.
- A skilled full charge bookkeeper efficiently handles all the accounting needs of the company, streamlining the business
- Previous experience as a full charge bookkeeper
- Ability to work to a strict deadline
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Excel and Word Skills are required
- Familiarity with QuickBooks<
- Competitive Salary (negotiable based on experience)
- Paid time off including holidays, vacation and sick leave
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance through Kaiser or Anthem Blue PPO
Maintco Corp. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran's status. We are proud to have a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workforce and believe in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all.